Happy Friday! With fall in full swing every store is chock full of pumpkin flavored everything from waffle mix to soup. To get into the autumn spirit we’ve rounded up a list of our TOP 5 pumpkin items.
1. Healthy Pumpkin Spice Parfait- perfect for breakfast or dessert! The healthy pumpkin parfait was an internet find that we can’t get enough of. Layer yogurt and this healthy pumpkin spice mixture. Top with bananas or granola or just cinnamon!
2. Pumpkin pie fro-yo – for those of you in warmer climates like us in Southern California fro-yo is an acceptable treat year-round. Yogurtland has a delicious pumpkin pie flavored frozen yogurt that doesnt even need any toppings.
3. Pumpkin Butter from Trader Joe’s– contrary to the name this delicious spread does not contain butter. It can be used to replace jam on toast, bagels and panackes, or as a topping for vanilla ice cream.
4. Pumpkin Ravioli- This savory fall favorite is a great way to incorporate pumpkin without it being some some sort of a desert/sweet treat. For those of you willing to try this, we suggest incorporating gorganzola or light cream sauce, nothing heavy as the pumpkin flavor is rich enough. The ravioli can be found in stores or even better – made from scratch!
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte- we couldn’t create a pumpkin flavored list without the original Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Nothing warms the soul quite like it. For a healthier version try a cafe au lait with skim milk and one pump of pumpkin spice.
We love discovering new pumpkin flavored gems this time of year, what are your faves?