Frittatas are a healthy meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner and tastes great reheated for days after. This recipe is a perfect Sunday meal to get you through Monday too!
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 5 egg whites, beaten
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 to 12 oz. ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 5 stalks of asparagus chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large heirloom tomatoes (or a handful of cherry heirloom tomatoes) sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, sauté the turkey until cooked.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites together with the smoked paprika, salt and pepper. (Set Aside)
- Add the onion, asparagus and mushrooms and sauté until they are softened and slightly tender.
- Add spinach and sauté until wilted
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Turn heat off and mix ingredients to combine.
- Lay the tomato slices on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and not runny.
- Serve directly from the skillet.
Serve warm and sprinkle with your favorite cheese on top, try crumbled goat cheese. This recipe is just a guideline, feel free to add whatever vegetables you want!
How do you like your frittata? Comment below with your favorite ingredients.